To ensure that new and smaller players in the UKCS can develop and bring onstream discoveries that require third party infrastructure, the UK oil and gas industry developed a Code of Practice for third party access to infrastructure, known as the Infrastructure Code of Practice or ICOP.
Adopted in 2004, ICOP outlines the best practice and expected behaviour of those who conduct negotiations for the access to infrastructure.
CATS Management Limited fully endorses and supports ICOP and is guided by its principles and procedures which include:
- fair and reasonable tariffs
- services offered on a non-discriminatory basis
- services that are unbundled
- transparent terms and conditions
- a timely response by system owners